Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Bruce Lesikar
We mutually agree for Bruce Lesikar to deliver the following during the period of July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Develop an electronic delivery course describing rainwater harvesting with respect to landscape drip irrigation.
- Continue the implementation of the Rainwater Harvesting specialization of the Master Gardener and Master Naturalist program through development of educational resources and supporting travel to the programs.
- Offer a rainwater harvesting training course for practitioners/professionals. Course materials will include a training manual, presentations, and evaluation. Topics will surround the proper siting, planning, operation and maintenance or rainwater harvesting systems. This course will provide the basis for conducting professional training of practitioners.
- Convert the current "Tap in to Rainwater Harvesting for In-home Use" training course into an electronic, internet-accessible version and offer it to the public. This course provides training whereby the public can obtain an overview of selected case studies and an overview of the TCEQ recommended treatment procedures for using rainwater for indoor, potable and non-potable purposes. It is geared for those wanting to know TCEQ recommended design and installation techniques as well as water quality considerations.
- Work with Extension agents to implement water conservation/alternative water source demonstrations in their counties.
- Provide presentations on water conservation/alternative water sources for meeting landscape water needs at local and regional meetings.
- Convert the Rainwater Harvesting: Making a Rain Barrel factsheet into a Spanish version.