Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Daniel Leskovar
We mutually agree for Daniel Leskovar to deliver the following during the period of July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Optimize (parameters) application of ABA to enhance drought stress tolerance.
- Determine the best artichoke cropping system for implementation with producers.
- Screen and select artichoke variety/genotypes with adaptation to Texas environments.
- Quantify water savings, yield and quality impact using deficit irrigation in cruciferous crops.
- Technology transfer by a general field day tour to participating/interested growers.
- Present 2 oral papers at scientific Horticultural Sciences meetings.
- Submit 2 manuscripts on ABA and artichoke crop management.