Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Diane Boellstorff
We mutually agree for Diane Boellstorff to deliver the following during the period of July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010 using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
1. Conduct rainwater educational program in Starr County. Maintain demonstration site.
2. Conduct rainwater educational program for citizens of Edwards and Kinney counties. Design a rainwater catchment system for education use.
3. Provide support for the Texas AgriLife Rainwater Harvesting Task Force. Instruct at the Texas Science Teacher Advanced Training for Water on Rainwater Harvesting, Efficient Irrigation, and Water Quality. Also, Instruct at the Texas Science Teacher Training on Rainwater Harvesting, Efficient Irrigation and Water Quality.
4. Conduct rainwater educational program for citizens of Jim Hogg County with a one day RWH training to install a RWH capture and storage site on the Jim Hogg County Library.
5. Provide support to the Bexar County AgriLife Extension Service for a high quality Rainwater Harvesting display at the San Antonio Livestock Exposition.
6. Maintain demonstration sites to illustrate the benefits to wildlife, landscape and other applications of the harvesting of rainfall for consumptive use.
7. Conduct rainwater educational program for citizens of Webb County with a one day RWH training and installing of a RWH capture and storage site in Webb County.
8. Provide support for the Texas AgriLife Rainwater Harvesting Task Force. Provide rainwater harvesting educational training assistance. Also, provide design input on alternative uses of rainwater harvesting from capture techniques, filtration and treatment, landscape use, and In Home Use. Compile data on average water capture and use amounts for each private household and commercial system. Compile the number of systems in use per county and statewide totals of potable water savings resulting from rainwater harvesting.
9. Work with The World Birding Center in Edinburg, Hidalgo County, to design and implement demonstration sites.