Task 2 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
Task 2: Irrigation Education and Training
- Reformat Water Budgeting, Center Pivot and Electricity short courses for CD/Web delivery with the target audience of ag producers, municipal water supply companies, city conservation departments and public agencies involved in urban water conservation and planning. Develop a new training course in English & Spanish Assisted for persons preparing for the licensed irrigation technicians exam.
- Develop new training program “Residential Irrigation & Water Conservation” focused towards homeowners and landscape professionals identifying problems with irrigation systems and producing seasonal based irrigation schedules.
- Manufacture Catch Can Devices to be used in irrigation systems test to determine precipitation rate.
- Offer at least three short courses in the Rio Grande Basin.
- Support three local networks and TexasET Web pages for LRGV, El Paso and the San Antonio/Uvalde areas. Expand the number of stations in the LRGV.
- Continue revamping TexasET to set up profiles for the public officials and local media.
- Continue the evaluation of ET (smart) controllers and bench testing controllers under controlled conditions. Develop a testing protocol suitable to Texas Landscapes and produce a report demonstrating the technologies viability in the state.
- Develop joint training materials with the Center for Education and Assistance in Irrigation, Guanajuato, Mexico. Training materials will be in English and Spanish with the workshops offered in Texas and Mexico.
- Develop a training program and manual on installation of drip irrigation for growers.
- Update the LIA software and training program.