Task 6 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Michael Masser
- Assist with any new/continuing triploid grass carp demonstrations and provide annual progress reports on the on-going demonstrations (currently 5 districts) to irrigation district managers. Reports are published through my annualRio Grande Districts Aquatic Vegetation Management newsletter.
- Conduct demonstrations on herbicide control of water hyacinth, water lettuce, hydrilla, or other noxious aquatic vegetation as needed and provide a report to irrigation district managers. Reports are published through my annual Rio Grande Districts Aquatic Vegetation Management newsletter.
- Continue to distribute herbicide Tables 1 & 2 and posters on Invasive Aquatic Weeds of the Rio Grande as requested.
- Provide Master Naturalist trainings on aquatic ecology as requested.
- Offer aquatic vegetation management trainings (including CEU training) as requested.
- Continue updating and development of the AQUAPLANT Web site.