Task 3 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
Task 3: Institutional Incentives for Efficient Water Use
- Continue the development of the RAT (rapid assessment tool) by development of a procedure for spills. Project sites include Hidalgo and Cameron Counties Irrigation District No. 9. This evaluation is aimed at identifying which spill structures are spilling in access; quantify the amount of water being spilled (including frequency), and to begin determining the cause of the spill. In the process, we are going to evaluate the spill rating survey; how well it predicts the severity a spill problem.
- Procedures manual for evaluating spill losses
- Spill loss evaluation report for Hidalgo and Cameron Counties Irrigation District No.9.
- Continue work on development and implementation of a model database with Prologic Corp. and Delta Lake ID. Migrate existing district data over to new database structure and demonstrate web-based account access and ordering system.
- Continue the development of an online GIS website for use by district clientele and other officials.
- Cameron County Irrigation District No. 2: Web-based account access and telemetry system
- General GIS website displaying irrigation district maps and features
- With CCID#2, continue the development of a district decision support system (i.e., DMS) by integrating distribution network, automatic gates into a GIS framework for improved district management.
- Offer a 2 day GIS/GPS class.
- 2009 Water Management Workshop
- Continue the evaluation and documentation the water savings benefits of implemented rehabilitation projects through periodic documentation of durability and other factors. Outcome: Report.
- Publish fact sheets on seepage loss measurement and understanding SACDA.