Task 1 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
Task 1: Irrigation District Studies
- Continue to update Rio Grande Basin irrigation district GIS maps and attribute information. Assist district personnel to produce customized maps as requested. Make maps and GIS databases available to irrigation districts, consulting firms and public agencies.
- Respond to requests from individual districts for assistance on completing project applications by analyzing the conditions, water losses and potential water savings and for technical assistance in planning such projects. Outcome: Produce water savings project reports for districts to use for obtaining funding.
- Continue and complete the installation of ongoing canal automation and telemetry demonstrations with
- United Irrigation District,
- Hidalgo County Irrigation District No.6,
- Cameron County Irrigation District No.6
Outcome: Produce technical report on project procedures, advantages and disadvantages, and water saving.
- Establish new SCADA projects, and automation and telemetry demonstrations:
- United ID – we can propose flow monitoring sides after lift pumps.
- Mission 6 ID – two additional reservoir gates need to be automated.
- San Juan – at least one gate needs to be automated for the demo purposes
- Delta Lake ID – demonstrate remote monitoring of the main weir.