Task 4 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Monty C. Dozier
Task 4: On-Farm Irrigation System Management
- Conduct private water well screenings in Real, Kinney and Edwards counties to determine presence of fecal coliform bacteria, nitrate concentration and salinity (TDS) concentration of private water wells in each county.
- Conduct private water well screenings in Webb and Duval counties and Water Quality Educational Seminar for citizens of Webb County. In addition to the fecal coliform, nitrate and salinity screening mentioned in item 1, arsenic concentration will be determined in wells in these counties. Arsenic is being screened based on concern related to industrial and agriculture activity around water wells in this area.
- Conduct private water well screenings in El Paso County.
- Maintain demonstration sites of the rainwater harvesting task force related to harvesting of rainfall for use.
- Assist in the development and delivery of state-wide educational programs and projects sponsored by the rainwater harvesting task force.
- Provide educational resources and assistance for the wet lab for Texas 4-H Water Camp.
- Complete data analysis and report for CroPMan demonstration.
- Facilitate two regional standalone or coordinated outreach educational efforts to disseminate findings of the RGBI.