Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Daniel Leskovar
Task 4: On-Farm Irrigation System Management
- Evaluate plant growth regulators to enhance drought tolerance of vegetable transplants.
- Determine the impact of irrigation rates and N source on yield and water use of onions.
- Compare yield efficiency of onions under the LPS and SDI systems.
- Evaluate irrigation and N rates on yield, head size and water use efficiency of artichoke.
- Evaluate N rates (as fertigation) on yield and quality of spinach.
- Present three papers in Horticulture Scientific meetings. Areas: transplant stress tolerance; irrigation and N strategies for vegetable crops.
- Submit two refereed publications related to stress tolerance and stand establishment in peppers.