Task 3 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Zhuping Sheng
Task 3: Institutional Incentives for Efficient Water Use
- Continue to collect irrigation districts information and compile data to be incorporated into the coordinated database and GIS Web site.
- Deliver one workshop on the coordinated water resources database and numerical model development for the Rio Grande flood control planning.
- Participate in local, regional, state and federal water management meetings to exchange information and coordinate water resources research activities, such as Paso del Norte Watershed Council; Far West Texas Water Planning Group; Texas Water Development Board-Stakeholders Advisory Forum; U.S. Bureau of Reclamation; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; U.S. Geological Survey; and International Boundary and Water Commission.
- Provide assistance in enhancement of gage automation and telemetry monitoring system.
- Assist in the irrigation district distribution system model configuration and data collection as appropriate.
- Update and distribute irrigation network maps to farmers and irrigation districts.
- Update and distribute fact sheets and sample database information.