Task 3 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
Task 3: Institutional Incentives for Efficient Water Use
- Continue the development of the RAT (rapid assessment tool) by development of a procedure for spills. Modify existing procedures for definition of head losses and demonstrate their use in Santa Cruz Irrigation District.
- Continue working in cooperation with Great Plains Meter, Inc. and Delta Lake Irrigation District to demonstrate the effectiveness of permanent on-farm flow meters equipped with telemetry back to the district headquarters.
- Continue work on development and implementation of a model database with Prologic Corp. and Delta Lake ID. Migrate existing district data over to a new database structure and demonstrate Web-based account access and ordering system.
- Evaluate new online GIS software for use by district clientele.
- Continue to support graduate student research into the effects of aquatic vegetation on flow in canals.
- Offer the 2-day GIS class.
- Publish a new fact sheet on Seepage Loss Measurement.