Task 2 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
Task 2: Irrigation Education and Training
- Develop a new short course for landscape irrigators on ET (Smart Controllers). Reformat Water Budgeting course for CD/Web delivery with the target audience municipal water supply companies, city conservation departments and public agencies involved in urban water conservation and planning.
- Offer at least three short courses in the Rio Grande Basin.
- Support three local networks and TexasET Web pages for LRGV, El Paso and the San Antonio/Uvalde areas. Continue the development of a real-time, interactive/automatic crop-water requirements algorithm for use in online ET Networks.
- Upgrade the drive system for the rainout shelter and provide technical support for the turf drought recovery study. Work with SAWS and clientele on the design and implementation of a partially fee-supported program to continue the studies for 2008.
- Implement bench testing of ET controllers and continue field evaluations of end-user satisfaction and problems.
- Work with Texas A&M system officials on planning for the ITC and San Antonio campus.
- Develop proposals to San Antonio region water agencies on pumping plant efficiency testing.