Task 1 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Zhuping Sheng
Task 1: Irrigation District Studies
- Characterize hydrological properties of different types of soils in the region through field measurements and laboratory tests.
- Perform additional upstream-downstream flow measurement to determine seepage losses at selected canals.
- Conduct a pilot geophysical survey of soil permeability at selected canal sections as condition permits.
- Continue to develop a protocol/an approach for identification of sections of canals with high seepage losses using hydraulic conductivity tests and field infiltration results.
- Characterize the interaction of surface water and groundwater in the region, and analyze its spatial and temporal variations through model simulation.