Task 6 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Michael P. Masser
We mutually agree for Michael Masser to deliver the following during the period of June 1, 2006 to May 31, 2007, using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Assist with any new triploid grass carp demonstrations and provide annual progress reports on the on-going demonstrations (currently 5 districts) to irrigation district managers. Reports are published through my annual “Rio Grande Districts Aquatic Vegetation Management” newsletter.
- Conduct demonstrations on herbicide control of water hyacinth, water lettuce, hydrilla or other noxious aquatic vegetation as needed and provide a report to irrigation district managers. Reports are published through my annual “Rio Grande Districts Aquatic Vegetation Management” newsletter.
- Continue to distribute posters on Invasive Aquatic Weeds of the Rio Grande as requested.
- Provide Master Naturalist trainings on aquatic ecology as requested.
- Offer aquatic vegetation management trainings as requested.
- Continue development of the AQUAPLANT Web site.
- Support graduate student research into the effects of aquatic vegetation on flow in canals. Construct an artificial channel at the Weslaco Center and conduct controlled experiments.