Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Mike Mecke
We mutually agree for Mike Mecke to deliver the following during the period of June 1, 2006 to May 31, 2007, using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Purchase and develop materials and equipment for county rainwater harvesting demonstration sites with installation expenses – installing at least two this fiscal year.
- Purchase materials and installation for rainwater harvesting demonstration site at McDonald Observatory, Ft. Davis. This would be a large water storage tank utilizing existing parking lots and roof catchments for a dual purpose – conserving runoff water to be primarily used for emergency fire fighting purposes as well as landscape irrigation.
- Purchase materials and installation expenses for rainwater harvesting demonstration site at the West Texas Museum on the campus of Sul Ross State University, Alpine.
- Develop two publications.
- Hold two rainwater harvesting/landscape water conservation meetings or workshops.
- Purchase educational materials on water resources and conservation.
- Continue financial assistance on irrigation water conservation studies with the County Office in El Paso and Hudspeth counties.
- Attend RGBI meetings and related water resources meetings of value to program.
- Assist Texas Water Camp.