Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Janie Harris
We mutually agree for Janie Harris to deliver the following during the period of June 1, 2006 to May 31, 2007 using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Work with IRB to get approval to continue project.
- Work with Family & Consumer Science, regional program directors and county Extension agents to revise outcome-based water management plans as appropriate.
- Update water conservation resources and FCS web page.
- Prepare educational packets and demonstration kits for agents who are participating in the project for the first time.
- Provide home audit kits for each family participating in the project.
- Conduct agent training on in-home water conservation, home landscape water conservation and rainwater harvesting.
- Goal is to have 10 counties participate in the project.
- County Extension agents will work with two families in their respective county to identify how much water they use in their home prior to conducting focused educational programs and associated demonstrations.
- Outcomes to measure are 1) Change in the amount of water used by each family (households collectively), 2) Money saved by each family (households collectively), and 3) Intervention that saved the most water
- Revise In-Home Water Conservation Plan.
- Written report comparing the effectiveness of each intervention.