Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Giovanni Piccinni
We mutually agree for Giovanni Piccinni to deliver the following during the period of July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007, using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Develop and test crop coefficients for sorghum.
- Develop and test crop coefficient for onion.
- Develop and test crop coefficients for cotton.
- Develop and test crop coefficients for wheat.
- Compare newly developed crop coefficients with those developed in Weslaco (in collaboration with Dr. Wiedenfeld).
- Compare PET based irrigation scheduling models with CroPMan model (in collaboration with Dr. Tom Gerik).
- Develop an “On-Farm” total participatory research to validate newly developed crop coefficients.
- Collect, analyze and publish data collected from “On-Farm” research. Spatial statistic will be implemented to evaluate the landscape variability in the area of study. This will allow us to adjust the newly developed crop coefficients for the climatic variability and for the different cropping systems implemented in the region.