Task 3 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Zhuping Sheng
We mutually agree for Zhuping Sheng to deliver the following during the period of July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007, using funds from the Rio Grande Basin Initiative:
- Continue to collect irrigation district’s information and conduct user-needs survey for development of database and GIS.
- Deliver one workshop on the coordinated water resources database and numerical model development for the Rio Grande flood control planning.
- Participate in local, regional, state and federal water management meetings to exchange information and coordinate water resources research activities, such as New Mexico-Texas Water Commission, Paso del Norte Watershed Council, Far West Texas Water Planning Group, Texas Water Development Board-Stakeholders Advisory Forum, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Geological Survey, and International Boundary and Water Commission (Upper Rio Grande Water Operations Model Technical Committee).
- Continue to work with El Paso County Water Improvement District and Hudspeth County Water Conservation and Reclamation District on development of the decision support system to improve water delivery efficiency as needed.
- Assist in the Irrigation District distribution system model configuration and data collection as appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute irrigation network maps to farmers and irrigation districts.
- Update and distribute fact sheets and sample database information.