Task 6 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Monty Dozier
- Conduct private water well screenings in Real, Kinney and Edwards Counties to determine presence of fecal coliform bacteria, nitrate concentration and salinity (TDS) concentration of private water wells in each county.
- Conduct private water well screenings in Webb and Duval Counties, and Water Quality Educational Seminar for citizens of Webb County. In addition to the fecal coliform, nitrate and salinity screening mentioned in item 1, arsenic concentration will be determined in wells in these counties. Arsenic is being screened based on concern related to industrial and agricultural activity around water wells in this area.
- Conduct a demonstration on the benefits to wildlife of rainwater harvesting for consumptive use.
- Conduct private water well screenings in El Paso County.
- Develop and publish result demonstration reports focusing on results of each of the water well screening events for inclusion in county demonstration educational handbooks/fact sheets.
- Develop and publish a publication on water quality for private water well users in English and Spanish.
- Conduct water quality educational session and wet lab for Texas 4-H Water Camp.