Task 6 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Mark McFarland
- Demonstrate increased adoption of soil testing as a water quality protection best management practice in the Rio Grande River Basin.
- Quantify the number of acres being managed utilizing a nutrient management plan based on soil testing.
- Quantify the reduction in nutrient loading (specifically N and P) to surface and ground water systems based on effective nutrient management planning.
- Prepare and disseminate a publication targeting nitrogen management to reduce potential impacts on surface and ground water resources.
- Prepare and disseminate a new publication targeting domestic water quality.
- Prepare a summary impact report defining nutrient loading reductions and potential economic savings for distribution and for use in the development of news releases and popular articles to educate and further encourage agricultural producers to adopt nutrient best management practices.