Task 6 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Keith Owens
- Hourly estimates of sap flux from saltcedar trees on the Pecos River near Mentone, TX and from the Pecos River near Iraan, TX from early spring through leaf fall.
- Water use estimates, combining the sap flux estimates from above and the sapwood area of mature trees, on an hourly basis from both sites during an entire growing season.
- A partitioning of saltcedar transpiration from the evapotranspiration water loss from the Mentone site. The ET estimates will be derived by Charlie Hart as part of his project and we will cooperate to accomplish this task.
- A peer-reviewed manuscript, submitted to a leading ecological journal, on water use patterns of saltcedar trees with respect to season and distance from the river's edge.
- A summary article for a non-technical audience on saltcedar water use patterns.
- At least one presentation at a professional meeting on the ecology & physiology of saltcedar trees.