Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Janie Harris
- Work with three families per selected county (8) to identify how much water they use in their home prior to conducting focused educational programs and associated demonstrations, conservation information, etc
- Demonstration Components:
- Provide educational information and provide a list of recommended behavior changes for Household A.
- Provide educational information, conduct a home water audit, give list of recommended behavior and fixture changes for household B.
- Provide educational information, conduct a home water audit, give list of recommended fixture changes and provide water efficient fixtures for one family (toilets, shower heads, aerators).
- Identify how much water each family uses in their home after intervention.
- Calculate the dollar savings and water saved (if any) for each family.
- Written report comparing the effectiveness of each intervention.
- Install water saving interventions and education for each family (as requested).
- Collaborate with New Mexico State University specialists and agents to share resources, program delivery and to combine outcome data.
- Conduct five or more water conservation educational programs.
- Maintain water educational materials and links on TCE Housing and Environment Web page by coordinating with TWRI Web person.
- Provide training for county Extension agents in water conservation in the home.
- Prepare educational packets and demonstration kits for participating county Extension agents to use in water conservation programming.
- Work with Family & Consumer Science, regional program directors and county Extension agents to revise outcome based water management plans as appropriate.
- Work with IRB to get approval to continue project.