Task 5 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Bruce Lesikar
- Drip distribution is utilized in residential landscapes to efficiently apply the water. The drip distribution system will be evaluated to determine the flow rate from emitters following their use in the landscape. Develop a fact sheet describing the use of drip distribution systems in residential landscapes. The fact sheet will cover the layout and design for residential landscapes.
- Research available literature with respect to graywater quality and summarize the potential risks associated with human contact.
- Give a presentation on graywater use at a conference targeting practitioners that may be utilizing this approach to irrigation of landscapes.
- Give a presentation at a water conservation conference on the preference and feasibility of water management strategies.
- Work with a city in the Rio Grande basin to address interest in establishing an urban water conservation program. The discussion should lead to identification of barriers to acceptance.
- Develop a technical report documenting water conservation program criteria including model ordinances, proclamations, and implementation strategies, including likely quantities of water conserved by each.