Task 4 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Juan Enciso
- Demonstrate furrow irrigation versus drip irrigation for corn (second year) and furrow versus SDI irrigation for onion crops (two demonstrations). Evaluate yield, quality and water used.
- Establish corn irrigation with center pivots evaluating water use and yields response to water using a number of irrigations
- Compare mini-pivots to flood and sprinkler irrigation demonstrating irrigation scheduling using historical ET and fertigation.
- Establish an experiment to determine yield responses to different water amounts for vegetables using subsurface drip irrigation (melons and onions).
- Establish an experiment using mini-lysimiters to determine cantaloupe water requirements.
- Establish an experiment to determine citrus irrigation water requirements in several farms irrigated with drip, microsprinkler and flood irrigation.
- Continue to provide guidance and assistance to project personnel with the TWDB Demonstration Initiative water conservation project.
- Establish an experiment to determine yield response to water for cotton and corn.
- Write an Extension publication on irrigation of citrus crops.
- Write an Extension publication on management of irrigation systems.