Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): John Jifon
- Continue studies to evaluate the effects of regulated deficit irrigation on yield, quality and water use efficiency of muskmelons under subsurface drip irrigation (second year of a replicated study collaboration with Juan Enciso).
- Evaluate the effects of subsurface drip irrigation tape placement and emitter spacing on soil moisture depletion patterns in onions (second year of a replicated study in collaboration with Bob Wiedenfeld and Juan Enciso).
- Establish an experiment to evaluate the potential of antitranspirants for water conservation by different vegetable crops under drip irrigation.
- Initiate research with cooperating commercial producers to evaluate on-farm volumetric monitoring of irrigation water use as a best management practice tool for water conservation (with partial funding from the TWDB).
- Submit a manuscript on the effect of different irrigation rates on yield, quality and water use efficiency of muskmelon.