Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Giovanni Piccinni
- Develop and test crop coefficients for sorghum.
- Develop and test crop coefficient for onion.
- Develop crop coefficients for cotton.
- Compare PET based irrigation scheduling models with CropMan model (in collaboration with Dr. Tom Gerik).
- Continue irrigation management of cotton, sorghum, wheat and onion under limited water availability.
- Develop a Precision Irrigators Network: On-Farm research to validate newly developed crop coefficients.
- Collect, analyze and publish data collected from on-farm research. Spatial statistic will be implemented to evaluate the landscape variability in the area of study (Rio Grande and Edwards aquifer region). This will allow to adjust the newly developed crop coefficients for the climatic variability and for the different cropping systems implemented in the region.
- Develop irrigation scheduling recommendation for crop grown under limited irrigation. Implement one-on-one training session on deficit irrigation management with growers involved in the Precision Irrigators Network.