Task 2 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
- Develop two new short courses for landscape irrigators: Landscape Water Budgeting and Site Mapping using GIS-web based resources.
- Begin offering a CD/Web interactive course for landscape professionals.
- Offer three short courses in the Rio Grande Basin.
- Support three local networks and TexasET Web pages for LRGV, El Paso, and the San Antonio/Uvalde areas.
- Develop the next generation ET Web site that allows users to enter their profile and receive customized irrigation watering recommendations.
- Design a rainout shelter and turf drought recovery experimental facility to be constructed in San Antonio and help manage the project in cooperation with Texas A&M System Turf specialists.
- Support a large-scale demonstration and evaluation of the water savings benefits of ET ("smart") controllers in landscape irrigation.
- Develop a cooperative program on irrigation training with the Center for education and assistance in irrigation, Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Develop a report highlighting the irrigation programs of the Ag Program.