Task 1 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
- Published a fact sheet on use of GIS in planning rehabilitation projects and district management.
- Make maps and GIS databases available to irrigation districts, consulting firms and public agencies.
- Publish a report on the effort to complete a total district evaluation of United Irrigation District.
- Respond to requests from individual districts for assistance on completing project applications by analyzing the conditions, water losses and potential water savings.
- Provide direct assistance to four small irrigation districts (Engleman, Progresso, La Feria, Bayview) in mapping and rehabilitation project planning to support and improve their chances of receiving external funding.
- Provide technical assistance to districts as requested in rehabilitation project planning and documentation of resulting water savings, including retesting of a new pipeline in United and canal lining in San Juan. Complete an analysis of error and test result confidence levels. Publish reports summarizing results
- Publish a Seepage Loss Measurement Manual.
- Implement a prototype water measurement and canal management demonstration program with Delta Lake Irrigation District to reduce operational losses and to improve water delivery at the farm turnout.
- Publish a fact sheet on canal automation equipment, design and management.
- Implement canal automation demonstrations in two districts by equipping two gates in series with automatic control and telemetry equipment.