Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Janie Harris
- Work with three families per selected county (five) to identify how much water they use in their home prior to conducting focused educational programs and associated demonstrations.
- Provide educational information and provide a list of recommended behavior changes for one family.
- Provide educational information, conduct a home water audit, give list of recommended behavior and fixture changes.
- Provide educational information. conduct a home water audit, give list of recommended fixture changes and provide water efficient fixtures for one family (toilets, shower heads, etc.)
- Identify how much water each family uses in their home after intervention.
- Calculate the dollar savings and water saved (if any) for each family.
- Written report comparing the effectiveness of each intervention.
- Complete all water saving interventions for each family.
- Collaborate with New Mexico State University specialists and agents to share resources, program delivery, and to combine outcome data.
- Conduct 5 or more water conservation educational programs.
- Maintain water educational materials and links on TCE Housing and Environment Web page.
- Provide training for county Extension agents in Water Conservation in the home.
- Prepare educational packets and demonstration kits for county extension agents to use in water conservation programming.
- Work with Family & Consumer Science, regional program directors and county Extension agents to develop outcome based water management plans as appropriate.