Task 5 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Bruce Lesikar
- Conduct an analysis of surveys returned identifying the preferences, feasibility and barriers of urban water conservation practices in cities in the Rio Grande basin, relative to water conservation.
- Develop a technical report describing the survey results. Distribute to each city that participated in the survey and at water conservation meetings conducted in each state.
- Utilize survey results to develop a set of criteria for implementation of the most preferred and feasible water conservation practices, based on water savings and costs.
- Develop and test a protocol for establishing an urban water conservation program. This pilot testing of the protocol will be conducted in one city within the Rio Grande Basin.
- Develop a technical report documenting water conservation program criteria including model ordinances, proclamations, and implementation strategies, including likely quantities of water conserved by each.