Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Daniel Leskovar
- Determine the effects of deficit irrigation under a SDI system on yield and quality of seeded (diploid) and seedless (triploid) watermelons with different flesh color.
- Evaluate irrigation rates under SDI system on habanero and poblano peppers.
- Begin validation of crop coefficients for short-day onion.
- Screen and select drought tolerant pepper, watermelon and spinach genotypes.
- Present four oral presentations/abstracts on deficit irrigation and crop strategies of poblano pepper, watermelon, and spinach at Horticultural Sciences meetings.
- Submit a manuscript on the impact of irrigation rates and location on watermelon.