Task 1 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Zhuping Sheng
- Continue to develop numerical models to simulate seepage losses along the canals, laterals, and the Rio Grande.
- Assess impacts of groundwater pumping on surface water flow during drought.
- Collect additional flow data, aquifer parameters through pumping tests, and ground water levels data in shallow aquifer to verify the numerical model.
- Analyze mechanisms of surface water and groundwater interaction.
- Develop guidelines for minimizing impacts of groundwater pumping.
- Prepare a technical report on simulation of seepage losses and publish 1 or 2 papers.