Task 5 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Mark McFarland
- Work with the CEA-Horticulture and the Extension Turf Associate to plan and conduct field studies and demonstrations to promote efficient irrigation in urban landscapes and turf.
- Complete a local website providing information about proper irrigation management in urban turf and landscape management for water conservation and water quality protection.
- Provide training for Master Gardener volunteers who will then assist in disseminating resources and information to the public to improve efficient use of water for irrigation.
- Launch an enhanced website targeting landscape and turf water management.
- Train 40 Master Gardener volunteers who will provide over 800 hours of direct public service related to water resource management and water conservation.
- Educate over 1000 citizens by increasing their awareness and adoption of best management practices to enhance water resource management and protection.