Task 4 Research
Principal Investigator(s): Daniel Leskovar
- Develop water conservation strategies for poblano and red color bell pepper.
- Determine the effects of deficit irrigation under a SDI system on yield and quality of red, orange and yellow diploid and triploid watermelon.
- Screen and select drought tolerant pepper, watermelon and cantaloupe genotypes.
- Begin validation of crop coefficients for short-day onion under deficit irrigation and SDI.
- Present two abstracts on irrigation strategies at the annual meeting of the American Society for Horticultural Sciences.
- Complete and submit a manuscript on deficit irrigation for spinach (Co-PI: Piccinni).