Task 3 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
- Develop a prototype distribution network model that can be used in irrigation district rehabilitation planning.
- Conduct short courses for district and agency personnel on GIS beginning class (1) and advanced class (1)
- Conduct a thermal imaging flyover in cooperation with USDA-ARS and Steve Maas as part of methodology development for rapid canal/pipeline leak detection. Analyze data and compare with field verifications.*
- Correlate and integrate seepage lost test results into the RAT (rapid assessment tool) for canal conditions in order to estimate seepage losses.
- Develop a RAT rating system for distribution network control structures.
- Develop a recommended database structure and format for irrigation districts.
- Further develop a prototype Web site that demonstrates the uses for GIS-linked databases. In cooperation with at least one district, demonstrate Web-based capabilities for grower access to account data and field/map locations.
(*may be limited due to water shortages)