Task 6 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Charlie Hart
- Complete treatment of 3,500 acres of saltcedar on the Pecos River in September 2002. Negotiate with New Mexico and US Army Corps of Engineers for continuation of project.
- Install saltcedar water use monitoring wells at two sites along the Rio Grande River by June 2002. One site will be treated for saltcedar control in September 2002 for comparison/calculation of water use by saltcedar.
- Establish water flow and quality monitoring sites on the Pecos and Rio Grande Rivers in cooperation with IBWC and TNRCC by September 2002.
- Install rangeland watershed management demonstrations for use of contour furrows and contour ripping in 7 counties in District VI. Demonstrations will include paired watershed plots to document runoff and sediment movement from treated and untreated plots. Established by July 2002.
- Conduct Rangeland Watershed management field days at each demonstration site during the late fall of 2002.