Task 4 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Juan Enciso
Conduct the following demonstration trials and provide a summary report to TWRI about each in 2002:
- Injecting phosphoric and sulfuric acid through irrigation systems, Glasscock County.
- Reduce tillage with Subsurface Drip Irrigation Systems, Reagan County.
- Surface irrigation scheduling (3 plots), El Paso County.
- Subsurface drip irrigation and waste water, El Paso County.
- Water use efficiency for pecan trees, Culberson County.
- Soil moisture monitoring in cotton with reduced tillage, Howard County.
- Fertigation through Subsurface Drip Irrigation Systems, Howard County and Pecos County.
- Center Pivot Irrigation, Maverick County.
Develop the following publications in 2002:
- Co-author Irrigation of forage crops with Dr. Paul Colaizzi and Dr. Guy Fipps.
- Write a chapter of the drip irrigation manual and edit with Dr. Guy Fipps.
- Submit the journal article, Optimum design of Subsurface Drip irrigation systems for cotton irrigated under water limiting conditions for publication in 2002.