Task 3 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps
Conduct short courses for district and agency personnel on:
- GPS surveying with hands-on training (1 week).
- GIS beginning class (2) and advanced class (1) (4 hours each).
Assist 8 districts with taking full advantage of in-house GIS capabilities through individual technical assistance and training of personnel:
- Database integration.
- Collecting and organizing information needed for rehab planning.
- GPS mapping and integration with GIS and database.
- Conduct a thermal imaging flyover in cooperation with USDA-ARS and Steve Moss as part of methodology development for rapid canal/pipeline leak detection. Analyze data and compare with field verifications.*
Develop a prototype Web site that demonstrates the uses for GIS-linked databases. In cooperation with at least one district, demonstrate Web-based capabilities for:
- Grower access to account data and field/map locations.
- International district communication and data management.
(*may be limited due to water shortages)