Task 2 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Guy Fipps, Shay Simpson
- Publish 5,000 copies of Integrated Turf Management manual.
- Publish 250 copies of Landscape Irrigation Auditing and Management (LIAM) manual.
- Develop Spanish language course materials for School of Irrigation LIAM short course.
- Provide School of Irrigation short courses in El Paso, Weslaco
and San Antonio.
- Two English language courses.
- One Spanish language course.
- Support pilot Homeowner ET Program in El Paso with a minimum of 20 homeowner volunteers.
- Develop and publish educational brochure, Yard Watering Using ET, for use in Pilot Homeowner ET Program in El Paso and seek support for printing from El Paso Water Utilities.
- Develop Texas ET Web pages for the Rio Grande regions to support Pilot Homeowner ET Program.
- Develop a structured training course with a manual and curriculum for Center Pivot Purchase and Management Workshop.
- Facilitate general ITC establishment and support:
- Evaluate proposed locations for the new San Antonio facility.
- Form the first ITC advisory councils, to include San Antonio city and water agencies, public agencies.
- Form the first design review team, an Agriculture Program irrigation needs assessment team to determine infrastructure needs for research and training programs and recommended research and on-farm demonstration protocol.
- Explore international collaboration with Guanajuato and Monterrey, Mexico, including joint training workshops.
- Determine the requirements of the first sprinkler testing lab for the San Antonio facility.