Task 1 Extension
Principal Investigator(s): Ron Lacewell
- Serve on Bureau of Reclamation team that will develop guidelines for prioritizing authorized projects, based on relative costs of water and energy savings, among other Bureau criteria. The reports for each district will include relevant estimates needed.
- Assist irrigation districts by providing analysis for evaluating non-authorized and authorized projects as needed and requested.
- Estimate economic impacts of water savings on jobs and economic activity as well as the increased socioeconomic impact per unit of energy saved. Prototype on first district complete in December 2002.
- Provide detailed crop cost/return projections for irrigated and dryland production of cotton, sorghum, corn, vegetables, sugar cane, and citrus to use for in-field water conservation program by July 1, 2002.
- Provide detailed crop cost/return projections for alternative irrigation systems including equipment and management strategies by December 2002.
- Develop TWRI report on the economic impact of drought and water shortage by June 2002.